BACK

The old main gated entrance to Lindenwood University in St. Charles.  Lindenwood University was founded in 1827 by George and Mary Easton Sibley. It is the second-oldest higher-education institution west of the Mississippi River. In a failed business deal, George Sibley obtained 120 acres of land in St. Charles, Missouri known as the "Linden Wood" because of the large amount of linden trees that grew there.  Mary Sibley had already been running a school in St. Charles, so the Sibleys moved the school to the land and called it the "Linden Wood School for Girls".  Today it s the fastest-growing college or university in Missouri covering 450 acres, enrolling 12,000 students, and conferring 13% of all the college degrees in the state of Missouri.

 

Credit: Robert Guinness 2008

 

Link:  Lindenwood University

One of the classic Corinthian orders at the west entrance of the St. Charles County Administration Building - formerly the second St. Charles County Courthouse.


Credit: Robert Guinness 2006



 

BACK

The main entrance to the Missouri Supreme Court building in Jefferson City.  This French Renaissance style building was opened in 1907, using State proceeds from the 1904 World's Fair in St. Louis for its construction.  The Court recently concluded its 100th anniversary year for the building.

 

Credit: Robert Guinness 2008


Link:  Missouri Supreme Court


                                        Guinness &, Buehler, LLC 2007, 2008