BACK

The glass facade of the St. Charles City Hall reflects the old St. Charles County Courthouse and the St. Charles County office building.

 

Credit: Robert Guinness 2008


Link:  City of St. Charles

The main boulevard of the old campus of Lindenwood University in St. Charles in its fall foliage.  Lindenwood University was founded in 1827 by George and Mary Easton Sibley. It is the second-oldest higher-education institution west of the Mississippi River. In a failed business deal, George Sibley obtained 120 acres of land in St. Charles, Missouri known as the "Linden Wood" because of the large amount of linden trees that grew there.  Mary Sibley had already been running a school in St. Charles, so the Sibleys moved the school to the land and called it the "Linden Wood School for Girls".  Today it s the fastest-growing college or university in Missouri covering 450 acres, enrolling 12,000 students, and conferring 13% of all the college degrees in the state of Missouri.

 

Credit: Robert Guinness 2008

 

Link:  Lindenwood University

 

BACK

Main entrance to Guinness & Buehler's office building.  This is the site of the former St. Charles Clinic.

 

 

Credit: Robert Guinness 2008

 


                                        Guinness &, Buehler, LLC 2007, 2008